15 Shareable Inspirational Quotes On Death, Dying & Grief
June 19th, 2019
Sometimes grief can feel like it will swallow you up whole.
And thankfully, that’s where funeral professionals shine — helping families move through grief, so that they can get the lessons and growth they need from it, so they can integrate it into their lives in a healthy way.
These quotes are designed to help with that process.
These quotes offer new windows into ways to look at grief, both for you and your families.
Feel free to share these with your families as well:
1.“Grief does not change you, it reveals you.”
— John Green
2. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They are the messengers of unspeakable love.”
— Washington Irving
3. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?”
— Winnie the Pooh
4. “Whatever you’re facing today, keep going. Keep moving. Keep hoping. Keep pressing on. There’s victory on the other side!”
— Mandy Hale
5. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts and we are never, ever the same.”
— C.C. Scott
6. “Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand.”
— Patti Smith
7. “To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”
— William Shakespeare
8. “The pain passes, but the beauty remains.”
— Pierre Auguste Renoir
9. “Grief is the price we pay for love.”
— Queen Elizabeth II
10. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
— Thomas Campbell
11. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.”
— Henry Ellis
12. “Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.”
— Margaret Shepard
13. “That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.”
— John Green
14. “You don’t know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have.”
— Bob Marley
15. “Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life’s search for love and wisdom.”
What are your favorite inspirational quotes and poems on grief? Share them with us in the comments below!