“Music gives a soul to the universe,
wings to the mind,
flight to the imagination
and life to everything.”
Did you know it only takes 15 minutes of listening to your favorite tunes to get a natural high?
It’s true. Your brain releases dopamine, a neurotransmitter that leads to increased feelings of happiness, excitement, and joy, when you listen to music you enjoy!
It also decreases levels of the hormone cortisol in your body, counteracting the effects of chronic stress (not something you’re familiar with, right? :-X)
So pump up the jams and let that stress melt away, then bring in some excitement with our playlist designed to get you through some busy days as a funeral director!
Here’s a taste of what we have in store for you:
1. Start your day out right – “Beautiful” by Carole King
It’s all about inner beauty reflecting outwards! Fuel up that self esteem engine to keep you feeling yourself all day long:
“You’ve got to get up every morning
With a smile on your face
And show the world all the love in your heart
Then people gonna treat you better
You’re gonna find, yes you will
That you’re beautiful, as you feel”
2. Get in the zone in the embalming room – “Within You Without You” by The Beatles
This transcendental tune encourages the listener to allow life and death flow through them. Influenced by Hindu spirituality, it’s the perfect so to meditate upon while honoring the soul before you.
3. Before meeting with a family, get ready to impress! “Anyway You Want It” by Journey
This could really just be an ongoing mantra for any client family meetings!
4. We know those difficult family interactions require a little release – “Scream” by Janet & Michael Jackson
Need we say more? Find a pillow and let it out: “Stop pressurin’ me, Make me wanna scream”.
5. But you’re gonna make it through this because you’re a – “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
You simply can’t have a motivational playlist without Queen Bey, that’s a scientific FACT.
6. Your competitors got you fired up? Remember they – “Can’t Touch This” by MC Hammer
Extra bonus points if you break out the iconic dance to work out that frustration! Hammer time:
“Every time you see me that Hammer’s just so hype
I’m dope on the floor and I’m magic on the mic
Now why would I ever stop doing this
With others makin’ records that just don’t hit”
7. Get pumped to put on the perfect service! – “The Final Countdown” by Europe
This classic motivational song is sure to help you get all the pieces in place for your service, and it’s definitely going to go far better than one of G.O.B’s magic tricks 😉
8. Celebrate the victory of the EPIC funeral service you just mastered! – “We Are The Champions” by Queen
You’ve paid your dues and now it’s time to smell the roses!!
And finally, it’s time to go home and reflect on your – “Perfect Day” by Lou Reed
This sweeping classic written by one of the worlds greatest poets is sure to calm you after a long, and hopefully perfect day. We’re glad you spent it with us <3
Don’t miss out on the rest of our epic playlist, check it out below:
What are your favorite songs to keep you motivated throughout the day? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!